1. This is one of Jerry's Favorite flavors, but they never figured out how to make it in large batches.
2. It's sold only in their downtown store. Cut the cantaloupe in half and clean out the seeds.
3. Scoop the fruit into a mixing bowl, add the lemon juice, and mash until the fruit is purred.
4. Drain the juice into another bowl and reserve.
5. Cover the melon puree and refrigerate. Prepare the sweet cream base and whisk in the fruit juice.
6. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
7. After the ice cream stiffens, about 2 minutes before it is done, add the cantaloupe.
8. if more juice has accumulated, do not pour it in because it will water down the ice cream.
9. Continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
10. Makes 1 generous quart. Variation: COCONUT CANTALOUPE: Use half the amount of cantaloupe and lemon juice asked for in step Add 1 cup coconut cream, such as Coco Lopez, to the Sweet cream Base in step Complete the recipe as directed.
Comments on Ben And Jerry's Cantaloupe Ice Cream Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 0mg per serving, low-fat with 0g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 0 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Lemon, Citric Acid allergies.