1. Preparation Time: 15 minutes, Cooking Time: 25 Minutes Per serving: Calories 209 (16% from fat), Carbohydrates 30g, Protein 15g, Sodium 140mg Fat 4g, Cholesterol 6mg In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
2. Add ham; cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 3 minutes.
3. Add onion and bell pepper to pan; cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add garlic and black pepper; cook, stirring, for 1 minutes.
5. Add broth, bay leaves, and oregano to pan; bring ham mixture to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in beans and simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 15 minutes.
7. Stir in parsley and sherry. Remove bay leaves.
8. Ladle soup into individual bowls. Serve immediately.
9. Variation: substitute one can of white beans for one can of black beans.
10. Remember: use a slotted spoon to remove and discard the bay leaves from the soup.
11. Bay leaves are used exclusively for flavor - they should not be eaten.
Comments on Black Bean Soup With Ham Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 0mg per serving, low-fat with 0g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 0 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Beans, Bell Pepper, MSG, Poultry, Sulfites, Garlic, Alcohol, Beef, Onion, Olive Oil allergies.