1. Cut the beef across the grain into thin slices.
2. Marinate in the soy sauce, rice wine, and cornstarch.
3. Set aside. Cut up the green onion and ginger.
4. Mix all the ingredients for the cooking sauce.
5. Blanch the broccoli and carrot slices in boiling water with a pinch of salt until slightly soft, but still crunchy.
6. Drain and set aside. I usually do this step in the microwave.
7. Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons oil.
8. Fry the green onion and ginger until fragrant, then add the marinaded beef.
9. Stir fry quickly until the meat changes color.
10. Pour in the cooking sauce and heat until thickened and bubbly.
11. Mix in the vegetables. Serve over rice. Note: As with all Chinese cooking, it is very important to have a strong heat source.
12. Have your stove on the highest setting, or if possible, cook in your backyard on a propane gas stove.
13. This takes care of the problem of odors and smoke in your kitchen also.
14. NOTES : For Broccoli and Chicken, simply substitute 1 or 2 chicken breasts for the beef.
Comments on Broccoli And Beef Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 0mg per serving, low-fat with 0g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 0 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Soy, Shellfish, Mushroom, MSG, Poultry, Rice, Corn, Sulfites, Sesame Seeds, Spring Onion, Natural Sweeteners, Alcohol, Beef, Onion allergies.