1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F Line 13x9x 2-inch pan with foil; butter foil.
2. Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips into pan; set aside.
3. In shallow baking pan spread chopped almonds.
4. Bake about 7 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
5. In heavy 3-quart saucepan melt butter; blend in sugar, corn syrup and water.
6. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, to 300 degrees F on a candy thermometer (hard-crack stage) or until mixture, when dropped into very cold water, separates into threads that are hard and brittle.
7. Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of saucepan.
8. Remove from heat; stir in 1-1/2 cups toasted almonds.
9. Immediately spread mixture evenly over chocolate chips in prepared pan; do not disturb chips.
10. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup toasted almonds and remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips; cool slightly.
11. With sharp knife score into 1 1/2 inch squares, wiping knife blade after drawing through candy.
12. Cool completely; remove from pan. Remove foil; break into pieces.
13. Store in airtight container in cool, dry place.
Comments on Butter Almond Crunch Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 0mg per serving, low-fat with 0g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 0 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Tree Nuts, Butter, Corn, Almonds, Natural Sweeteners allergies.