1. My recipes are not exactly very well organized.
2. I knew I had the recipe you were looking for, but it took a little sleuthing until I could figure out which one of my loose leaf notebooks, photo albums with recipes in it, or cookbooks it was in.
3. Eureka! I found it. It is in one of my oldest loose leafs, so I would imagine I cut the recipe out of a Land O' Lakes Butter ad about 20 years ago! That's funny, since I recently posted a fish recipe that also came from a Land O' Lakes ad.
4. Hope you enjoy this! Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. In 3 qt. bowl, combine crust ingredients. Mix at medium speed, scraping sides of bowl often, 2-3 minutes or until well mixed and particles are fine.
6. Pat firmly into ungreased 13x9x2 pan. Sprinkle pecans evenly over unbaked crust.
7. Prepare caramel layer (see below). Pour evenly over pecans and crust.
8. Bake near center of 350 degree oven for 18-22 minutes or until entire caramel layer is bubbly and crust is light golden brown.
9. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with chips.
10. Allow chips to melt slightly (2-3 minutes). Slightly swirl chips as they melt; leave some whole for a marbled effect.
11. Do not spread chips. Cool completely; cut into 3-4 dozen bars.
12. Caramel Layer: In heavy 1 qt. saucepan combine brown sugar and butter.
13. Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, until entire surface of mixture begins to boil.
Comments on Butter Pecan Turtle Cookies Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 0mg per serving, low-fat with 0g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 0 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Butter, Gluten, Natural Sweeteners, Pecan allergies.