2. Melt chocolate and butter ( I did this in a saucepan, although the original recipe calls for it being done in a 200-degree oven).
3. . Add flour, sugar, and water; blend well. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. In a separate bowl ( a metal one!) beat egg whites until stiff.
5. Fold gently into chocolate mixture. Turn into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes in middle of 425 degree oven (I found that in the 9-inch pan, I needed to extend this to 25 minutes for it to be completely cooked).
6. . Let cake cool completely. Sift or sprinkle powdered sugar over top of cooled cake.
Comments on CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE CAKE Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 0mg per serving, low-fat with 0g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 0 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Egg, Butter, Gluten, Natural Sweeteners allergies.