1. Remove outer leaves from cabbage and cut out core.
2. Cut into quarters. Peel and quarter onions.
3. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds. In a food processor fitted with metal blade, shred cabbage, chop peppers, and chop onions, in batches, removing each vegetable to a large ceramic bowl as it is done.
4. Stir all vegetables together. Stir in salt. Add ice water to cover.
5. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand overnight.
6. Combine sugar, vinegar, and spices in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
7. Drain vegetables in colander. Pack vegetables in sterile pint jars, pour vinegar mixture to fill jars.
8. Seal and process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Comments on Cabbage Relish Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-fat with 0.02g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 38.96 per serving
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin C with 16% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Bell Pepper, Sulfites, Cabbage, Natural Sweeteners, Celery, Vinegar, Onion allergies.