2. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
3. Add the onions and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the cabbage and salt to taste, cover, and cook over low heat, stirring often, until wilted, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the garlic, cumin, and rice and saute about 2 minutes.
6. Add the stock, red pepper flakes, oregano, tomatoes, and black pepper to taste.
7. Mix well and bring to a boil. (Add additional salt if you like to taste).
8. Remove from the heat, cover, and bake 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
Comments on Cabbage & Rice Casserole With Cumin & Tomatoes Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 158% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 147% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 16% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Gluten, Tomato, Rice, Cabbage, Garlic, Hot Pepper, Onion, Olive Oil allergies.