A new take on chili, it sounds delicious. This is a great healthy alternative to the traditional, high fat chili recipes. There is nothing better than the smell of garlic and onions simmering on the stove, throw in the cumin seeds and jalapenos, what a wonderful aroma!
2. Heat a large frying pan and add the oil. Saute the garlic, onions, cumin seeds and jalapeno peppers until the onions are clear.
3. Add all to a heavy pot and bring to a simmer.
4. Cook for 1 hour. This one has to be different.
5. If it came from California it is expected to be unusual.
6. Try this. No avocado, but chicken and a very mild chili sauce from a jar.
7. It is really a great dish, although one should not confuse it with the old-line chili cookers' product.
Comments on California Chili Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 31% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 238% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 13% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Bell Pepper, Tomato, MSG, Poultry, Sulfites, Malt, Garlic, Alcohol, Hot Pepper, Onion, Olive Oil allergies.