This recipe is delicious. It combines the flavours of three meets into an Asian taste sensation. If you have not eaten Cambodian food before - give it a go - it is even better than Thai if that is at all possible.
1 Eggplant medium
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil Oil
1 Garlic clove chopped
1/2 cup Ground Pork Finely
1 Fresh Chili Pepper red seeds and veins removed minced
2. Puncture eggplant in a few places with a fork or skewer.
3. Bake on a sheet pan until soft, about 15 minutes.
4. Set aside and let cool slightly, then peel and split lengthwise into strips about 1 inch thick.
5. Heat oil in a wok or saucepan over medium heat.
6. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned.
7. Add pork, chile, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili powder and sugar; cook, stirring, until meat loses its raw color.
8. Add stock and water and bring to a boil.
9. Add lime sauce, shrimp and eggplant; simmer until shrimp are done.
Season with salt and pepper.
10. Transfer eggplant pieces to a serving dish and top with pork mixture.
11. Garnish with coriander and green onions.
12. Spicy Lime Sauce: Combine garlic, chiles and the water in a blender or food processor and liquefy.
13. Combine fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chile-garlic mixture in a small bowl.
14. Stir to dissolve sugar.
If using sauce by itself, add a bit of shredded carrot for garnish.
Comments on Cambodian Eggplant With Pork & Shrimp Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 40% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 43% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Soy, Fish, Shellfish, Eggplant, MSG, Poultry, Spring Onion, Pork, Garlic, Natural Sweeteners, Shrimp, Iodine, Hot Pepper, Beef, Cilantro, Onion allergies.