... Permalink Submitted by Allison Williams on September 20, 2009 The description sounds delicious but the picture is a turn-off. Maybe if you could see the fillets and the sauce was added more sparingly. ...
6 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Eggplants small about 1 1/4 lb eggplant
Water Coarse Salt
1 Garlic clove chopped
4 Sweet Peppers
1 Onion large sliced
1 Red Pepper Hot pod
2 cups Tomatoes peeled & chopped about 3-4 regular
1. Some time before cooking, cut the eggplant into cubes; do not peel.
2. Place the cubes into abundant water with some coarse salt.
3. Leave for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and coarsely chop the tomatoes.
4. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and heat till fragrant.
5. Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent.
6. Add peppers and cook until they start to wilt.
7. Add eggplant cubes and cook for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season with salt, pepper and oregano, and cook until peppers and eggplant are tender but not mushy.
8. Add the capers, olives and anchovies. Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature for several hours.
Comments on Caponata Di Melanzane Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-cholesterol with 10.8mg per serving
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin A with 14% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 83% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 14% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Fish, Eggplant, Tomato, Garlic, Iodine, Onion, Olive Oil, Anchovy allergies.