2. Spread popcorn in large, well-buttered roasting pan.
3. Sprinkle peanuts on top and set pan aside. In heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, molasses, and salt.
4. Stir over med. heat until the mixture boils. Continue boiling gently, without stirring, until a candy-jelly thermometer in syrup reads 250 F Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and baking soda.
5. Pour the syrup over the popcorn and peanuts and rapidly mix with a spatula to coat the pieces.
6. evenly. Bake caramel corn in preheated oven for 1 hr, stirring occasionally, then cool the candy in the pan.
7. Slip the cooled candy out of the pan with spatula and break into fairly large chunks.
Comments on Caramel Corn With Peanuts Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-cholesterol with 7.67mg per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Peanuts, Butter, Corn, Sulfites, Natural Sweeteners allergies.