1. In a heavy saucepan cook the onion in 2 tablespoons of the butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened, add the tumeric and the red pepper flakes, and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute.
2. Stir in the tomato paste, broth, water, chicken, kielbasa, carrots, turnip, cinnamon stick, and the bay leaf and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the chick-peas and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
4. Strain 2 cups of the cooking liquid into a small saucepan, add the remaining butter, and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Stir in the couscous, remove the pan from the heat, and let the mixture stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
6. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Using a slotted spoon, serve with the meat and vegetables, using the remaining liquid to moisten the dish as needed.
Comments on Chicken And Sausage Couscous Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 0mg per serving, low-fat with 0g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 0 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Milk, Butter, Gluten, Tomato, MSG, Poultry, Turnip, Peas, Beef, Onion allergies.