2. Add the garlic and saute until light golden. Remove the garlic and reserve.
3. Prick the sausages in several places and then sear them in the hot oil.
4. Remove and set aside, covered. Brown chicken well on all sides in the same skillet.
5. Remove and set aside, covered. Pour 1 T of the drippings into a large Dutch oven or casserole.
6. Discard remaining drippings or save them for another use.
7. (Do not wash skillet; you will need it later).
8. Crush the tomatoes with your hands and add them, with their juice, to the drippings.
9. Add the tomato paste, salt, freshly ground pepper, basil and reserved garlic.
10. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add the sausage and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
11. Add the chicken, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes more.
12. Meanwhile, deglaze the skillet with the wine.
13. Stir wine into the sauce and simmer for a final 10 minutes.
14. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with pasta and freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
Comments on Chicken And Sausage In Tomato Sauce Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 60% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 183% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin E with 23% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Milk, Tomato, MSG, Poultry, Sulfites, Garlic, Alcohol, Beef, Olive Oil allergies.