2. Wash spinach; place in saucepan and cook, covered, only with the water clinging to the leaves, until barely wilted.
3. Drain spinach well, squeezing out excess water.
4. Chop and set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet until hot; add onion and mushrooms and saute until tender.
5. Add garlic, oregano, spinach, and pepper to taste.
6. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Set aside. Meanwhile, flatten each chicken breast by placing between 2 layers of waxed paper or plastic wrap; pound with rolling pin or heavy plate edge until about 1/4-inch thick.
7. Spoon 1/4th of mushroom mixture onto center of each chicken breast; roll lengthwise and secure with wooden toothpicks.
8. Place breasts in a 9-inch shallow baking pan.
9. Combine wine with remaining oil and spoon over chicken.
10. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 400-degree oven until chicken is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
11. Baste often. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Comments on Chicken Pockets with Vegetables Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin A with 14% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Mushroom, MSG, Poultry, Corn, Sulfites, Garlic, Onion allergies.