1. Soak thirty-two 7-inch bamboo skewers in water to cover for 15 minutes.
2. Cut the chicken lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices, thread the slices lengthwise onto the skewers, and season them with salt and pepper.
3. Make the marinade: Heat the 1/2 cup water. In a blender blend together the coconut, ginger root, curry powder, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and the hot water until the mixture is smooth, strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on the solids, and let the marinade cool.
4. (The marinade may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled).
5. In a large shallow dish pour the marinade over the chicken, coating the chicken well, and let the chicken marinate, covered and chilled, for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
6. (Do not let the chicken marinate longer or the meat will break down).
7. Make the dipping sauce: In a blender blend together the peanut butter, garlic, 2 tablespoons lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, cayenne, 1/3 cup water, and salt and pepper to taste until the mixture is smooth and transfer the sauce to a bowl.
8. (The sauce may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled).
9. Grill the chicken with the marinade clinging to it on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals for 1-1/2 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through, and serve the sates with the dipping sauce.
Comments on Chicken Sates and Peanut Sauce Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 10% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Peanuts, Soy, MSG, Poultry, Sulfites, Garlic, Natural Sweeteners, Fructose Malabsorption, Hot Pepper allergies.