2. Remove backs and wings and save for soup. Remove all skin and fat from chicken.
3. Heat oil in large frying pan; saute chicken in 2 batches until opaque on both sides (a few minutes).
4. Set aside. Cut unpeeled eggplant into 1" cubes; salt for 20 minutes, then drain and rinse.
5. Heat oil in 6-8-qt Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, and eggplant.
6. Saute over low heat until onion is just tender, 5-10 minutes.
7. Add stock, cinnamon, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and black pepper.
8. Stir, bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
9. Peel turnip; dice turnip, zucchini, carrot, and bell pepper.
10. Add dark meat and diced vegetables to Dutch oven.
11. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Dice tomatoes.
12. Add chicken breasts, tomato, raisins, and parsley, pushing down lightly to be sure ingredients are covered by liquid.
13. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes more. Serve hot in deep soup bowls on top of rice, noodles, or couscous, garnishing top with coriander.
14. Sylvia's notes: I used a whole chicken and dumped everything in the crockpot, which worked fine except that the vegetables weren't done (since it cooked about 6 hours instead of the usual 10 when I use the cp on a workday), so I boiled the vegetables in the stock until they were soft.
15. However, I was not pleased with the result, and I think it was the combination of flavors (or lack thereof) rather than the cooking method.
16. The chicken was fine, and the broth was delicious, but the vegetables were tasteless cardboard.
Comments on Chicken Tagine with Seven Vegetables Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 76% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 70% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Bell Pepper, Eggplant, Tomato, MSG, Poultry, Turnip, Garlic, Fructose Malabsorption, Onion, Olive Oil allergies.