1. In a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and with fingers blend in butter until incorporated.
2. Stir in egg until mixture is combined well. Cover dough in bowl and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
4. Spoon level tablespoons of dough onto a sheet of wax paper and cut each in half.
5. With floured hands roll each piece of dough into a ball and arrange, evenly spaced, on baking sheet.
6. Flatten each ball with a floured metal spatula into a disk about 2 inches in diameter and bake in middle of oven 7 to 8 minutes, or until cookies are set but not hard.
7. Cool cookies on racks.(Cookies will continue to crisp as they cool).
Comments on Cocoa Snaps Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 36.62mg per serving, low-fat with 1.19g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0.69g per serving, low-cholesterol with 12.58mg per serving and low-calorie with 39.38 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Egg, Butter, Gluten, Cocoa Powder, Natural Sweeteners allergies.