1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Beat the liquids together. Pour over the dry ingredients and combine.
3. Add the sliced onions and mix well. If possible, let stand for 1 hour.
4. In a large saucepan or deep skillet heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350F over medium heat.
5. Drop the batter into the hot oil by tablespoonfuls, being careful not to crowd the pan.
6. Cook until browned on one side and turn. When the fritters are deep golden brown all over, remove them and drain on paper towels.
7. Break one open to test for doneness; if underdone in the center, reduce the heat a bit, and fry another minute.
8. Repeat until all the batter is used up and serve immediately.
Comments on Curried Vidalia Onion Fritters Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 122.2mg per serving, low-fat with 0.45g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0.1g per serving, low-cholesterol with 13.3mg per serving and low-calorie with 34.1 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Egg, Gluten, Sulfites, Vinegar, Onion allergies.