1. My Grandmother's recipe calls for greasing a 10 in tube pan.
2. I use a 12-cup bundt pan with excellent results.
3. 1.Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, 1/2 c of the rum, 3/4 c of the water and the oil in a large mixing bowl.
4. Beat at low speed until ingredients are moistened.
5. Then two minutes at medium speed. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
6. Pout batter into prepared pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes.
7. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan, finish cooling on a wire rack.
8. 2.In a small saucepan, heat preserves and remaining 1/2 c rum to make glaze.
9. Strain through sieve to remove seeds. Place cake on serving plate.
10. Prick the surface of the cake with a fork, or a tooth pick.
11. (I use this time to vent frustrations) Brush the raspberry glaze evenly over the cake.
12. Use all the glaze. It does take a few minutes to do this.
13. Just make sure its evenly applied. 3.In a bowl, combine remaining 1 c of chocolate chips and shortening.
14. Microwave on high 1 minute. (I know, my Grandma never had a Microwave, I just updated the recipe, because in this case the technology makes this process painless and quick, and I'm less likely to burn the chocolate).
15. Stir to make a smooth icing. Drizzle chocolate icing over the cake.
16. Let stand about 15 minutes. 4.In a small bowl, combine vanilla baking bar and remaining 1 teaspoon of water.
17. Microwave on high 30 seconds (or until melted).
18. Drizzle vanilla icing over the chocolate icing.
19. Grandma always served this tasty morsel with very strong coffee.
Comments on Double-Chocolate Rum Cake Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 0mg per serving, low-fat with 0g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 0 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Egg, Raspberry, Alcohol allergies.