Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
Vitamin A 142% Vitamin C 55%
Potassium 45% Vitamin E 6%
** Percentage Daily Values are based on a
2000 calorie diet. *Nutritional Data from USDA SR21 Database. Nutritional information is estimated and may vary.
Egg Stuffed Zucchini
Date Added: December 22, 2015
Easy, healthy and tasty vegetarian dish. Takes no more than ten minutes to prepare and it can be served in any occasion. Fresh and small zucchini are best suited for this recipe. Goes well with freshly baked bread.
1. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, scoop out the pulp, leaving 1/4" of the shell.
2. Chop the pulp, reserve and set aside 1 cup.
3. Place zucchini shells, cut side down in a large skillet, add the water and simmer until just tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Drain and turn zucchini over so cut side is up in skillet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. In another skillet cook the pulp and tomato in butter until tender, for about 3 minutes.
6. Add the eggs, the 1/4 tsp salt, and dash of pepper.
7. Cook over low heat, stirring once or twice.
8. Remove from heat when just set, spoon into the zucchini shells and top with the cheese.
9. Cover and heat until cheese melts.
Comments on Egg Stuffed Zucchini Recipe:
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 142% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 55% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Egg, Butter, Tomato, Cheese allergies.