2. If desired, salt the slices and let sit for 1/2 - 1 hour.
3. Rinse and dry. (I do this from habit, but you can eliminate this step).
4. Place slices on oiled or cooking sprayed cookie sheets.
5. Sprinkle with salt (omit if you salted previously), pepper, and garlic powder.
6. Brush lightly with oil or spray with Pam. Bake in a hot oven (about 400F) till soft (15-20 minutes).
7. Meanwhile, brown the meat without additional fat in a large skillet.
8. Drain any fat that is released. In a large casserole dish, put a thin layer of the sauce.
9. Put 1/3 of the eggplant slices over this. Put the spaghetti over the eggplant.
10. Pour some of the sauce over this. Put another third of the eggplant in.
11. Cover with the meat. Pour more sauce over. Add the rest of the eggplant and finish off with a thin layer of sauce.
Comments on Eggplant Casserole with Meat Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 75mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 20% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 45% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 13% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Gluten, Eggplant, Tomato, Beef allergies.