1. Combine first eight ingredients and heat over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
2. Be careful, not to scorch. Reserve. Place 1/2" sliced eggplant on rack; sprinkle lightly with salt.
3. Let stand for about 20 minutes so bitter juice can run off.
4. Rinse each slice and pat dry. Coat each slice with flour; dip in egg; then coat lightly with bread crumbs.
5. Heat oil in heavy skillet (oil should be 1/2" deep).
6. When oil is hot, add eggplant slices. Heat 2 minutes on each side or until soft and golden.
7. Reserve slices on paper toweling to absorb excess oil.
8. Place about 1/2" reserved tomato sauce over bottom of baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
9. Place eggplant in layers in dish; sprinkle each layer with cheeses, alternate layers until all ingredients are used, reserving a little of each cheese for top.
10. Cover lightly with remaining sauce and reserved cheeses.
Comments on Eggplant Parmigiana Alla Napoletana Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 45% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 64% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin E with 45% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Egg, Gluten, Eggplant, Tomato, MSG, Cheese, Garlic, Olive Oil allergies.