Welcome! Create or access your Food Profile.
Log In | Register
1 hours and 20 min.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 21g
Total Carbohydrate 36g
Vitamin A 23% Vitamin C 36%
Potassium 20% Vitamin E 5%
** Percentage Daily Values are based on a
2000 calorie diet. *Nutritional Data from USDA SR21 Database. Nutritional information is estimated and may vary.
Eggplant Stuffed Peppers
Date Added: October 20, 2012
This is a great recipe for vegetarians and rich in vitamin resources. Its simple and easy to cook from available-at-home ingredients. Basil, pepper, parsley have excellent medicinal value as well. The amount of cheese could be reduced if you are on diet.
1. Saute pieces of eggplant in the oil with the minced garlic until the eggplant is very soft, about 30 minutes ought to do it.
2. Stir in the bread crumbs until are moistened.
3. Sprinkle with basil and add the grated cheese, pepper and parsley.
4. Fill parboiled peppers halfway with the eggplant mixture and put a slice of mozzarella in each center.
5. Cover with more of the eggplant mixture.
6. Place in baking pan with 1 cup water and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
7. Sprinkle top with fresh Romano and Parmesan cheeses; top with Marinara Sauce.
Comments on Eggplant Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 23% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 36% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Bell Pepper, Eggplant, Tomato, Cheese, Garlic allergies.
Have a Similar Recipe or Complementary Dish?