2. With the motor running, drop the garlic through the feed tube to mince.
3. Saute the garlic in the butter over medium heat in a medium (2 quart) saucepan for 1 - 2 minutes Reduce the heat to low.
4. Stir in the chile powder. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 - 3 minutes to remove the raw taste - don't let it burn.
5. Set aside off the heat. Mash the tomatoes with a fork.
6. Stir the tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken stock, water, salt and pepper together.
7. Add to the chile powder in the saucepan. Set over medium heat.
8. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes Adjust seasonings.
9. Use the metal blade of the food processor to mince cilantro.
10. Stir into the sauce after the sauce has finished cooking.
Comments on Enchilada Sauce - Mexican Style Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-cholesterol with 16mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 88% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 63% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 13% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Butter, Tomato, MSG, Poultry, Garlic, Hot Pepper, Cilantro allergies.