2. As the water comes to a boil, start preparing the sauce.
3. In a separate pan melt unsalted (sweet) butter over very low heat - DO NOT LET IT BROWN!! Once the butter has melted, stir into the butter: light cream (or the diluted Creme Fraiche), freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Beat this with a whisk to keep the sauce from clumping.
5. Once the sauce is smooth, season the sauce with a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of fresh parsley (optional), and a little pepper (optional).
6. Turn the sauce down to a simmer and add fresh Fettuccine noodles (or a batch of homemade noodles) to the boiling water.
7. When the noodles are cooked al dente, drain and toss gently with sauce.
8. Serve immediately. The order of these steps is important, as it is better to make the sauce wait for the noodles than to make the noodles wait for the sauce.
Comments on Fettucine Alfredo Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 0mg per serving, low-fat with 0g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 0 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Butter, Gluten, MSG, Cheese, Alcohol allergies.