1. Cut the fibrous root end off the asparagus and peel the lower portion of the stem.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling bowl.
3. Add the asparagus and cook for about 2 minutes, or until just tender.
4. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until the asparagus is cooled.
5. To make the vinaigrette, mix together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and shallots.
6. While whisking slowly, add the olive oil and season with the parsley, salt and pepper.
7. Place the asparagus on a plate and sprinkle with the roasted red peppers, capers, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.
8. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the asparagus and serve.
Comments on Fresh Asparagus Salad Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-cholesterol with 5mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 27% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 90% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 14% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Bell Pepper, MSG, Cheese, Asparagus, Mustard, Vinegar, Olive Oil allergies.