1. Soak the raisins in the Grand Marnier for 30 minutes; drain, reserving 2 tbsp.
2. of Grand Marnier. Bring 1/2 cup of the sugar to a boil with 1 teaspoon of water and add the orange zest; cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
4. Beat the butter and all but 1/2 tablespoon of the remaining sugar until light and creamy with the paddle attachment of a mixer, then add the eggs, one at a time, the caramelized orange zest, the flour, milk, raisins, and Grand Marnier.
5. Pour the batter into a buttered and floured 8" ring mold, dust the top with the remaining sugar, and bake for 1 hour, or until done.
6. ( Test with toothpick in highest part of cake).
7. Unmold the cake on a rack and cool. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Comments on Grand Marnier Ring - Ciambella Al Grand Marnier Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 78.5mg per serving
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin A with 17% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Egg, Milk, Butter, Gluten, Natural Sweeteners, Alcohol, Fructose Malabsorption allergies.