1. DOUGH: Sift flour and sugar into a medium-size bowl.
2. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add egg, egg yolk, lemon rind, and salt; mix with a fork to form dough.
4. Cover dough and let rest in refrigerator 20 minutes.
5. Roll out dough into a circle; place in an ungreased springform pan.
6. Form a 1-inch high rim. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
7. FILLING: Meanwhile, clean and halve grapes, and remove seeds if necessary.
8. Beat egg whites until stiff; blend in sugar, lemon juice, and ground almonds.
9. Carefully fold in the grapes. Remove cake from the oven.
10. Fill baked cake shell with grape mixture, return to the oven, and bake for another 30 minutes at 350 degrees F Remove cake from pan and cool on wire rack.
Comments on Grape Torte Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 133.75mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 27% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin C with 12% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 15% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Lemon, Egg, Tree Nuts, Butter, Gluten, Almonds, Natural Sweeteners, Citric Acid allergies.