1. In glass or stainless-steel bowl combine chicken, 3 tablespoons of the sherry, and the salt and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. In 9-inch skillet or a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; add bell pepper, scallions, orange zest and garlic and cook, stirring quickly and frequently, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
3. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Add chicken to skillet (or wok), increase heat, and stir-fry until chicken is browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Te reserved marinade add remaining 3 tablespoons sherry, and the soy sauce, water, cornstarch, sugar, and vinegar and stir to dissolve cornstarch.
5. Pour over chicken mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
Comments on Homemade Orange Chicken Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin A with 19% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 96% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Peanuts, Soy, Bell Pepper, MSG, Poultry, Rice, Corn, Sulfites, Spring Onion, Garlic, Natural Sweeteners, Alcohol, Oranges, Vinegar allergies.