This sounds great! It would be a favorite among the adults and children alike. The dark rum, I think, would be the key ingredient that would make this Souffle different from others. I just love eggs in every possible dish and I have a chocolate fetish. Obviously, I would just loved this dish.
1. In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring, until it is smooth.
2. Remove the pan from the heat, add the egg yolks, one at a time, whisking well after each addition, and whisk in the rum and butter.
3. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar and a pinch of salt until they hold stiff peaks.
4. Stir a quarter of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture then fold in the remaining egg whites gently but thoroughly.
5. Spoon the mixture into 6 buttered 2/3 cup souffle dishes and bake them on a baking sheet in the middle of a preheated 400f oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they are puffed and a tester comes out nearly clean.
Comments on Hot Chocolate Souffles Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 129.83mg per serving
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin A with 10% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Egg, Butter, Alcohol allergies.