1. Combine chicken, salt, egg white, and cornstarch.
2. Mix well by hand and set aside. In a small bowl, blend all sauce ingredients.
3. Set aside. Add 2 tablespoons oil to heated wok and stir fry chicken.
4. Remove to serving bowl. Add 2 more tablespoons oil to same wok.
5. Toss peanuts and chili peppers in the wok and stir fry until peppers turn dark red.
6. Remove from wok and add to chicken. Lower heat.
7. If necessary, add more oil. Stir fry green onions and garlic for several seconds.
8. (Do not let garlic burn). Return chicken, peanuts and peppers to wok and stir fry a few seconds to combine.
9. Add water chestnuts and combined sauce ingredients and stir fry till heated through and thickened (less than a minute) Serve over rice.
Comments on Kung Pao Chicken Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 38% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 220% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 18% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Peanuts, Egg, Soy, MSG, Poultry, Rice, Corn, Sulfites, Sesame Seeds, Spring Onion, Garlic, Natural Sweeteners, Alcohol, Hot Pepper, Vinegar, Onion allergies.