1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions; set aside.
2. Place oil in large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
3. Add garlic and shallots; cook, about 5 minutes, until soft.
4. Add mushrooms; cook until liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes.
5. With slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl and reserve.
6. Melt butter in skillet, blend in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Gradually whisk in milk; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
8. Stir in Gorgonzola, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and the tomato paste.
9. Continue cooking and stirring until the cheese is melted.
10. Stir half the mushroom mixture into sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Remove from heat and reserve. In a large mixing bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste with remaining mushroom mixture; stir to blend.
12. Preheat oven to 375 F Spread a thin layer of sauce on bottom of a 2 quart casserole of deep baking dish.
13. Place layer of noodles over sauce. Spoon layer of spinach/mushroom filling over noodles and top with sauce.
14. Repeat layers, ending with noodles and a thin layer of sauce.
15. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over top.
16. Bake 35-40 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Comments on Lasagna With Spinach, Wild Mushrooms Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 189% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 11% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Egg, Milk, Butter, Gluten, Mushroom, Tomato, MSG, Cheese, Garlic, Olive Oil allergies.