2. Generously butter 8" square baking pan. Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
3. Using the on/off switch, blend until crumbly.
4. Press into the bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
5. Bake until edges are light brown, 8 to 10 minutes; cool.
6. For mousse: Stir yolks, lemon juice, 1/3 cup sugar and lemon peel in top of double boiler, mixing until sugar dissolves.
7. Stir over simmering water until mixture thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across, about 4 minutes.
8. Remove pan from double boiler. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
9. Let stand until cool but not set. Beat egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
10. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup sugar. Fold 1/4 into lemon mixture to lighten; gently fold in remaining whites.
11. Whip 1 cup cream in another bowl until soft peaks form.
12. Gently fold into lemon mixture. Spread mousse in crust-lined pan.
13. Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours. (Can be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead).
14. Just before serving, cut dessert into 16 squares.
15. Transfer to a platter. Spoon whipped cream into a pastry bag fitted with small star tip.
16. Pipe cream around the top edges of each square.
17. Garnish center of each with strawberries and a mint leaf.
Comments on Lemon Mousse Squares with Date Walnut Crust Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 39.5mg per serving
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin A with 10% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 38% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Lemon, Egg, Tree Nuts, Butter, Gluten, Strawberry, MSG, Sulfites, Walnuts, Natural Sweeteners, Fructose Malabsorption, Citric Acid allergies.