2. Peel and dice into 1/2 inch pieces. Combine potatoes, carrots, peas, onion, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup mayonnaise.
3. Using approximately half, arrange a one-inch thick layer of vegetable mixture on a platter in the shape of a fish.
4. Layer the fish pieces on top. Add rest of vegetables and smooth with a spatula.
5. Coat with rest of mayonnaise GARNISH: Slice the cucumber paper thin and place on fish like scales, working from the tail forward and overlapping them.
6. Use very thin strips of carrot to outline where the head meets the body.
7. Use more carrot to make a small fin and a mouth.
8. Use a pea centered on a small carrot round for the eye.
9. Surround the fish with julienned lettuce. If you're not serving this for a party, or just don't want to go to all this trouble, mold the fish mixture into oiled custard cups and unmold on a plate of tomato slices.
Comments on Mayonnaise of Fish Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 131% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 21% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 17% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Gluten, Potato, Peas, Cucumber, Onion allergies.