1. Season the tomatoes with salt, arrange them, cut sides up, in a spoke pattern on several layers of microwave-safe paper towels in a microwave oven, and microwave them at medium power (50%), burning the towels 180 degrees once and removing the tomatoes as they dry, for 30 to 45 minutes, or until they are dry to the touch.
2. (The tomatoes should still be slightly moist inside; be careful not to let them burn).
3. Transfer the tomatoes to a rack and let them stand at room temperature overnight.
4. Combine tomatoes with remaining ingredients in a jar and marinate in a cool dark place for at least 2 days to let the flavors develop.
5. The dried tomatoes keep in a cool dark place for several months.
Comments on Microwave-Dried Tomatoes Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 3.25mg per serving and low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin C with 12% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 10% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Tomato, Garlic, Rosemary, Olive Oil allergies.