1. In a heavy saucepan melt the chocolate with the butter and the corn syrup over moderately low heat, stirring, add the cream and the sugar, and cook the mixture, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil over moderate heat and boil it, without stirring, for 8 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the salt.
4. Serve the sauce hot over ice cream. the sauce keeps, covered and chilled, for 1 month.
5. (Let the sauce cool completely before covering it; any condensation will make it grainy.
6. Reheat the sauce, uncovered, in a double boiler).
Comments on Old-Fashioned Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 48.63mg per serving and low-cholesterol with 11.88mg per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Butter, Corn, Natural Sweeteners allergies.