2. Stir into well beaten egg. Add orange juice and rind.
3. Cook in top of double boiler until quite thick.
4. Chill (will be VERY thick!) Whip cream until soft peaks form.
5. Add a generous spoonful of the whipped cream to the orange custard, stir in well to soften the custard somewhat, then add the orange mixture to the remaining whipped cream and fold in until well blended.
6. Fill and frost a 9" hot milk sponge cake with this.
7. The flavors blend better if you let it stand, refrigerated, for several hours before serving.
Comments on Orange Cream Filling (For Sponge Cake) Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 50mg per serving
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin C with 13% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Egg, Gluten, Natural Sweeteners, Fructose Malabsorption, Oranges allergies.