1. Wash lettuce and section into leaves, discarding the tough outer ones.
Drain; wrap in paper towels to dry.
Store in refrigerator until needed.
2. Peel oranges and remove all outside membranes, using a small serrated knife and employing a seesaw motion.
3. Section the oranges by cutting away all the membranes from the orange flesh.
As you work, lift out each section and place in a small mixing bowl.
Squeeze the juice from the remainder of the orange over the sections to keep them moist.
Cover; keep chilled.
4. Make a dressing by mixing the lemon juice, sugar, salt, cinnamon, orange flower water and 2 tb.
of the orange juice.
5. Blend well, then taste.
The dressing should be sweet.
6. Just before serving, shred the lettuce and arrange in a glass serving dish.
Pour the dressing over it; toss.
7. Make a design around the edges with overlapping sections of orange, then sprinkle the salad with the chopped walnuts and dust with more cinnamon.
8. Serve immediately.
Comments on Orange Lettuce & Walnut Salad Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 32.5mg per serving, low-saturated fat with 0.5g per serving and low-cholesterol with 1.17mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 58% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 109% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Lemon, Tree Nuts, MSG, Poultry, Sulfites, Walnuts, Turkey, Natural Sweeteners, Fructose Malabsorption, Oranges allergies.