1. "These extremely thin crackers have an intriguing balance of peppery snap and rich sweetness.
2. They are addictive by themselves and make an elegant hors d'oeuvre when spread with herbed cream cheese.
3. 350~F 10 to 15 minutes Combine the molasses and butter in a small sauce pan.
4. Stir over low heat until the butter is melted.
5. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. In the food processor or a large bowl, combine the flour, pepper, and salt and mix well.
6. Stir the yogurt into the molasses mixture and then add to the flour mixture and blend to form a smooth dough.
7. Remove the dough to a lightly-floured sheet of wax paper or lightly buttered aluminum foil and shape it into a log or cylinder approximately 1-1/2 inches thick and 12 inches long.
8. Roll the log in the wax paper or foil and chill until firm, 45 minutes minimum.
9. Preheat the oven to 350~F When ready to bake, slice the log into 1/4-inch slices.
10. Roll each slice with a floured rolling pin to form very thin ovals, about 1/16 inch thick.
11. The ovals may stick either to your rolling pin or to your rolling surface.
12. Gently peel them off. Place the ovals on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet and prick each one 2 or 3 times with the tines of a fork.
13. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until the crackers are medium brown.
14. Those that are rolled slightly thinner than the others will brown first.
15. Be ready to remove those from the sheet to cool while the others continue baking.
16. Cool on racks. The crackers will crisp while cooling.
Comments on Peppery Molasses Crisps Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 20.31mg per serving, low-fat with 0.82g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0.49g per serving, low-cholesterol with 2.09mg per serving and low-calorie with 33.36 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Yogurt, Butter, Gluten, Sulfites allergies.