1. Peel and wash the potatoes, dry them with kitchen paper and cut them into thick slices.
2. Heat 2/3 of the oil in a round frying pan and cook the potatoes, covered on a low heat for 15 minutes or until they are soft.
3. Remove the lid, increase the heat and briefly fry the potatoes until they are golden-brown .
4. Drain any remaining oil from the pan. Beat the eggs vigorously in a bowl and stir the potatoes into the eggs.
5. Season well with salt and pepper and let stand for 15 minutes.
6. Heat the remaining oil in the pan on a high heat.
7. Add the egg and potato mixture, spreading our the potatoes evenly and patting down and leave to cook for a few minutes.
8. Then flip the omelet over with the help of a large plate or lid and cook the other side until golden brown.
Comments on Potato Omelette-Tortilla De Patatas (Spain) Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin A with 12% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 33% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin E with 30% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Egg, Potato, Olive Oil allergies.