2. Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder into a bowl and set aside.
3. Mix oil, sugar, and buttermilk with an electric mixer until combined.
4. Add eggs, food coloring, vinegar, vanilla and water and mix well.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients previously mixed.
6. Mix just until ingredients are combined.
7. Line 1 large cupcake tin or 2 smaller cupcake tins with paper liners, scoop the batter into the liners and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
Using an electric mixer, whip the butter and cream cheese together until creamy.
11. Slowly add the powdered sugar to the mixture.
12. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
Once the cupcakes are cool, frost them with the cream cheese frosting.
Comments on Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 21% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Egg, Milk, Butter, Gluten, Cheese, Cocoa Powder, Food Color, Natural Sweeteners, Fructose Malabsorption, Apple allergies.