1. Preheat the oven to 400 FToss together the tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Spread the tomatoes in one layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.
3. In an 8-quart stockpot on medium heat, saute the onions and garlic with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, butter, and red pepper flakes for 10 minutes, until the onions start to brown.
4. Add the canned tomatoes, basil, thyme, and chicken stock.
5. Add the oven-roasted tomatoes, including the liquid on the baking sheet.
6. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
7. Pass through a food mill fitted with the coarsest blade.
Comments on Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-cholesterol with 11.83mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 60% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 63% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 10% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Butter, Tomato, MSG, Poultry, Garlic, Hot Pepper, Onion, Olive Oil allergies.