3. cut tomatoes in half; transfer to one large (or two smaller) rimmed baking sheet; add onion, carrots, garlic, and thyme.
4. Toss tomato mixture with oil; season generously with salt and pepper.
5. Spread in a single layer (turn tomatoes cut side down).
6. Roast until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. If vegetables begin to brown too quickly, push them toward the center of the sheet.
7. Using tongs or your fingers, peel off tomato skins; discard.
8. transfer mixture (including juices) to a blender; pulse several times, until chunky.
Comments on Roasted Tomato Sauce Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 93.25mg per serving and low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 100% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 144% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 11% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil allergies.