1. Oven should be set at 350 F.
Take one piece of asparagus and hold by both ends and snap.
2. This will give you a guide as to how much woody stem of the asparagus needs to be cut off (usually about 2 inches).
3. Trim the rest of the asparagus pieces to that size, then cut on diagonal into 2 inch pieces.
4. Put asparagus in large plastic bag, pour in olive oil, vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Manipulate bag until asparagus is well coated with oil/vinegar mixture, then pour into ceramic or glass baking dish.
6. Cook asparagus 20-30 minutes, removing from oven when asparagus is still slightly crisp and firm.
You might want to serve this with a few drops of that very expensive balsamic vinegar you've been saving drizzled over just before serving.
Comments on Slow Roasted Asparagus Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 82.5mg per serving and low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 20% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin C with 13% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 12% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Asparagus, Vinegar, Olive Oil allergies.