3. Place 1 tablespoon butter in a mixing bowl, and place it near the sink.
4. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet. When hot add the green onions and red pepper flakes.
5. As soon as the onions have softened, add the garlic.
6. Cook only until the garlic begins to turn golden.
7. Remove from heat at once. (This process should take no more than 5 minutes.
8. If the pasta is cooked before the onions and garlic are ready, add a cup of cold water to the pasta to stop it's cooking, and remove from the heat).
9. Ladle 2 tablespoons of pasta-cooking water into the mixing bowl with the butter.
10. Drain the pasta in a colander and immediately dump it into the mixing bowl.
11. Toss to coat with the butter, then add the oil and onion/garlic mixture.
12. Toss again. Add the cheese and toss. Salt and pepper to taste, add the parsley, then toss once again.
Comments on Spaghetti with Olive Oil, Green Onion, and Garlic Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 46mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 25% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 23% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 11% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Butter, Gluten, MSG, Cheese, Spring Onion, Garlic, Hot Pepper, Onion, Olive Oil allergies.