2. Combine soy sauce, sherry and sugar. Add to beef and toss.
3. Let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Seed green peppers; then dice in 1-inch squares.
4. Heat oil. Add peppers and stir-fry until slightly softened.
5. Remove from pan. Heat remaining oil. Add beef and stir-fry until it begins to brown.
6. Return peppers. Sprinkle with salt and remaining soy sauce.
7. Stir-fry until done (about 2 minutes more). Serve at once.
8. NOTE: This is sometimes called Chinese Pepper Steak.
9. VARIATIONS: In step 1, substitute either of the following for the soy mixture: 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon tomato sauce, 1 teaspoon sherry, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1 egg, beaten.
10. 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, dash of pepper, and 1 small onion and 1 garlic clove, both minced.
11. At the end of step 1, drain the beef and reserve this marinade.
12. Then add the marinade along with the peppers in step 5, omitting the salt and soy sauce.
13. In step 3, add with the peppers 1 cup celery, diced.
14. For color contrast, use 1 green and 1 sweet red pepper.
Comments on Stir-Fried Beef and Peppers Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 45% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Soy, Bell Pepper, MSG, Sulfites, Natural Sweeteners, Alcohol, Beef allergies.