1. Slice the beef across the grain into 1 inch slices.
2. Place in a bowl. Add the sugar, soy sauce, baking soda, cornstarch and cold water.
3. Mix well. Then add 1 T of oil and marinate for half an hour at least.
4. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, wine, sugar, and corn- starch to prepare seasoning sauce.
5. Cut the broccoli into 1 inch long pieces. Remove the stems.
6. Boil it in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and plunge into the cold water.
7. Then drain and dry. Heat the oil in a frying pan about 300 degrees F Stir fry the beef or about 10 seconds until it is done.
8. Remove the beef and drain the oil from the pan.
9. Heat another 3 T of oil in the same pan to fry the scallion and ginger for a few seconds.
10. Add the broccoli. Stir fry. After 10 seconds, add the beef and seasoning sauce.
11. Stir quickly over high heat until mixed. Remove to a platter and serve hot.
Comments on Yu Lan Ch'Ao Niu Jou (Sliced Beef With Broccoli) Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin A with 17% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 88% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 15% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Soy, Shellfish, Gluten, MSG, Corn, Sulfites, Spring Onion, Natural Sweeteners, Alcohol, Beef allergies.